[Magdalen] Sauerkraut.

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Mon Jan 5 00:42:18 UTC 2015

From: Cantor03--- via Magdalen

>So did my deceased younger brother, Paul.  He always said that
>hot dogs were "nature's most perfect food."

I wouldn’t go that far. Popular in our household (going back to the first time
my mother made them in the early 1960s) was the slicing part way of franks,
stuffing with American Cheese, then rolling in a Crescent Roll.

When I made this for dinner when we returned from California (and my mother had
been blind an out of the kitchen for 20 years), she actually started to cry
because I remembered and enjoyed something she cooked that much (my father and
grandmother always complained about **every meal** she prepared..

>Paul had a whole list of foods that he would insist be made in his  way.
>For example, peanut butter sandwiches needed to have USA type while
>bread, cold butter, and room temperature peanut butter, etc, etc.

Paul was absolutely right on the Peanut Butter Sandwich front!

>The only fish/seafood that he would eat were fish sticks.

Some are better than others of course. I like most all seafood save Calamari.

>e had a nauseating habit of mashing foods together on his plate.

See you and raise you one: My Dad when he decided he wasn' going to eat what my
mother cooked, would push the plate away and then mash his ever=present (even at
the dinner table) cigarette into the mix.

Cheers,
Jim