[Magdalen] Epiphany

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Tue Jan 6 16:39:50 UTC 2015

In a message dated 1/6/2015 10:49:45 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jguthrie at pipeline.com writes:

They  often have to read the shop-a-tree-for-Christ version because the
reader  is
frequently unintelligible.>>>>

I've concluded that I must live in a charmed world, because I
just haven't seen a lot of sloppy scriptural reading, lay and clergy
alike in either of the two denominations with I have strong  familiarity
(TEC, RCC).  True, some would not win the forensics prize for
highest quality delivery, but habitual mumblers, and stumblers
I haven't encountered.

Actually, I get entertained by the variety of accents one hears
here in the USA Northeast.  By comparison, the Upper  Midwest
of my younger years is much less exciting and uniform in
the accent area.

There's, for example, what I privately call my dream team layreaders,
consisting of a woman with a strong Greater New York - New  Jersey
suburban accent paired with a fellow with a strong Bostonian accent.
They cause the congregation to sit up and listen to what are to the
local coal-crackers (and Upper Midwesterners) different and  remarkable
sounds.

David Strang.