[Magdalen] Update (was Prayer request)

Kristin Rollins kristin at verumsolum.com
Tue Jan 6 21:40:53 UTC 2015

All went well.

I avoided correcting the two people who called me by my old name,
because it didn't feel like there was a good way to handle it. (In one
case, it was called from the front of the church to where I was in the
organ loft at the back of the church, thankfully before anybody else had
arrived.) But my connection there is peripheral enough that it is not
surprising that there were people who didn't know.

The playing went OK, even though two of the three hymns were ones with
arrangements better suited to piano than organ, and even with the long
layoff. The nave held everybody, so the only company I had up near the
organ was the rector's wife, and then the chair of the altar guild came
up and sat beside me during the sermon.

But I am definitely relieved to put that "first time" behind me. And I
really need to get over there one of these Sunday mornings, since I'm
not "chained" to St. John's every single Sunday now.

Kristin

--
  Kristin Rollins
  kristin at verumsolum.com