[Magdalen] Update (was Prayer request)

Kristin Rollins kristin at verumsolum.com
Tue Jan 6 22:30:33 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jan 6, 2015, at 05:20 PM, Roger Stokes wrote:
> On 06/01/2015 22:05, Kristin Rollins wrote:
> > On Tue, Jan 6, 2015, at 04:49 PM, Roger Stokes wrote:
> >> I am delighted it went well and agree it would be good for Kristin to be
> >> seen there more regularly.
> >
> > I am surprised to be able to say at this point that I have been back to
> > St John's three times (will be a fourth tonight) since I resigned as
> > their organist. And the welcome has been quite good.
>
>  From what you have said of your last Sunday on duty there I would have
> been surprised by any other reception.  It would have smelt of
> hypocrisy.  I know the pressures of your previous position mean you
> would not want to resume that there, but how would you feel about a
> guest appearance for a funeral, hymns and voluntaries only?

I am definitely open to that and know I said as much at one point, but
am aware that there are others who might be higher on the priority list
than me: there are two other organists currently worshiping at St
John's, one of whom was one of my predecessors in that position. I would
also be open to covering a Sunday or two, but it is probably still too
soon for that to be appropriate unless there were some sort of
emergency.

And yes, that reaction my final Sunday was a complete surprise to me,
and the main reason why my earlier plans about where I expected to sit
in the pews have been altered.

Kristin