[Magdalen] Epiphany

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 16:41:32 UTC 2015

speaking of pauses during church...

I first experienced this when attending 'chapel' while visiting seminaries,
and then at churches where recent seminary grads now priests were given a
hand in defining the course of the service - a quiet pause with no music
following the reading of the gospel and/or the sermon.  In some cases
'taught' that this was a time for reflection, for those who wondered why the
pause, lack of music (if used formerly), no immediate jump into the Creed
... happened.

I was intrigued when our cathedral called the new Dean almost 2 years ago
now... we had been in the pause mode for both gospel and post sermon, but we
now have music, music, music.  At first it was a jolt, and I sometimes still
find my self missing the quiet pauses.

Lynn

My email  is changing soon to: houstonKLR at gmail.com

website: www.ichthysdesigns.com