[Magdalen] Travel prayers again, and a Happy.

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 20:28:04 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 2:20 PM, Joseph Cirou <romanos at mindspring.com> wrote:
> Around Atlanta, with the possible exception of the airport, Enterprise
> closes at noon on Saturday and is not open on Sunday.

Same here. We've got a very convenient neighborhood Enterprise (whose
rates have been beaten by a wide margin lately by a local Hertz). The
Enterprise is on a bus route that stops half a block from home, so
it's a breeze. But I wish they were open later Saturday and on Sunday.

Interesting that one can no longer go out to O'Hare Airport (I'd go by
Blue Line subway, right into the airport parking ramp and maybe even
up the escalator if the motorman falls asleep) and rent a car, at
least not from Enterprise. Used to be a good way to get a very good
rate, but now they require evidence that you're coming in from a
flight (like a copy of a ticket, receipt, or itinerary, or flight
number in their system). So they no longer rent locally. Maybe they
started running out of cars for arriving air travelers when they had
special deals. I rented in Houston for $10 a day a few years ago. I
asked why...they said, "The computer gave you a deal based on low
demand today." I'll take it!

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA