[Magdalen] Quebec City.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sat Jan 10 04:59:45 UTC 2015

I saw a travelogue this evening featuring Quebec City.  The City  was
its usual charming and picturesque self.  This was expected.

What was not expected was the heavily accented, even broken English
of the dozen or so locals who were interviewed during the course of
the program.

I know of the tensions between Anglophones and Francophones in  Quebec,
but it was obvious that English doesn't come easily to Quebec natives, if
these
interviewees are typical.

I have always envisioned Quebec (and really all Canadians) as an
ideal setting for the very early familiarity with both languages  producing
a fluent, relatively unaccented French and English bilingual  population.

I appear to have been wrong in this assumption.

David S.