[Magdalen] Quebec City.

Joseph Cirou romanos at mindspring.com
Sat Jan 10 17:11:46 UTC 2015

There are English speaking villages between the St Lawrence and Us border.
You go close to the border in Vermont (as I remember) and Maine and the
signs are bilingual English and French--probably elsewhere. There are a
number French Canadian settlements in Mass and NH. Our lead at the IRS
didn't speak English until she went to first grade. Now this is  a 100
years ago; but my father did not speak English as his first language altho
he later forgot a great deal of his French.

Joe