[Magdalen] Quebec City.

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 17:55:16 UTC 2015

My father was born in Andover  MA and grew up in Newburyport
and he didn't learn to speak English until grammar school.

His was the generation that was beaten by the teachers if they
lapsed into French on the playground.

He was also of the generation of paratroopers dropped into
France because they could speak da lingo.

Skills. Can't live with them. Can't live without them.

I think there's still a French language radio station in Fall River
or Providence. Picked it up one afternoon driving up from Rhode
Island.

I love the road signs on Cape Breton:

    Rue
Prudence