[Magdalen] Quebec City.

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 18:15:29 UTC 2015

One of my fellow jewelry designers is from Vermont, nee Lebel. Her
grandmother is Canadien and always spoke to them in French....she says one
of the first things she remembers about that grandmother is "En français,
mes enfants!" She admits to cussing in French around her children (ages 23
months and 7 months) but says she knows they will soon figure out she is
saying saying something naughty. She just doesn't plan to teach them what
it is! She figures they may pick up some "defensive French" sooner or
later, though. (I introduced her to that term)