[Magdalen] Quebec City.

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 07:03:20 UTC 2015

On Sat, Jan 10, 2015 at 10:04 PM, Cantor03--- via Magdalen
<magdalen at herberthouse.org> wrote:
> Do all Canadian television and radio station's call letters
> begin with "C"?

Yes. Some even have five letters: the French-language CBC-TV station
in Windsor was CBEFT. It made sense: CBE the English AM station;
CBE-FM the English FM one; CBEF the French AM one; CBET the English TV
station; and CBEFT the French TV station.

Scott, who once found the old CBC studios on Parliament Street in
Toronto and entered what looked like a main reception door only to
find himself in a large auditorium in the midst of which a presenter
at a desk with a microphone was beginning, "Here is the CBC News." I
was mortified...I was crashing the national radio news! I slipped out
quietly. Weird moment!

Hey...here's a signoff sequence, complete with really inspiring song,
from Global TV, a network that came on in Ontario and we could get it
weakly in Michigan on Channel 22. I was inordinately fascinated with
this network and wrote them letters asking them to send me stuff. I
got a packet of schedules and behind-the-scenes whatnot. I loved this
song...seems sort of trippy now. From 1979...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmTN_J_bbj0
--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA