[Magdalen] Called insurance; was Travel prayers again, and a Happy.

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Sun Jan 11 17:08:01 UTC 2015

On 11/01/2015 15:20, Jo Craddock wrote:

> We've been with GEICO, piecemeal by piecemeal, since, and pleased with
> rates and service. In fact, after my mother's death, by the time the
> house was transferred to my name, Katrina had visited, and when I
> shopped around very purposefully, State Farm (and Allstate) would not
> even discuss auto OR home without having both. I guess insurers
> believe in climate change even if most of our legislators deny it.

When I moved to my retirement apartment I sought a quote from the
insurers I had been with for years, and who had treated me more than
fairly when we had a fire in 2005.  They would not quote as they said I
am in a flood-risk area.  The fact is that I am at effectively the same
level as the centre of town several feet above a river level controlled
by sluice gates.  The people who control them learnt their lesson in the
last flood in 1998 and I am (just) oitside the Environment Agency flood
area.

Roger