[Magdalen] US Higher Education

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sun Jan 11 21:25:25 UTC 2015

In a message dated 1/11/2015 2:19:55 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
charles.wohlers at verizon.net writes:

For some  subjects, true. The chemistry courses I taught usually had a lab,
which  one had to attend to get a grade. I did had one student at the
Community  College who never came to lab, but aced all the tests - she got
B-, due  to zeroes for lab grades. At Bridgewater State, the rule was, miss
three  labs and you automatically fail the course.>>>>

Higher education can leave a subconscious impact.

I have this recurrent dream, perhaps twice a year, about signing up
for an undergraduate college or even medical school course, and
for unknown reasons, never show up for the course.

Then comes the final exam for the course, and I begin to get
worried.  At this point I wake up.

This is so weird because I NEVER ever enrolled in a college course
of any kind and then failed to show up in the classroom.  I  could
not take chance on such a maneuver, since I needed nearly a 4 point
record to get into medical school.

Yet this odd scenario repeats every now and then.

David Strang.