[Magdalen] US Higher Education

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 23:12:49 UTC 2015

One of my first gfs came from an impoverished rural background in
New Hampshire. She joined the army to be a nurse. Two courses
short, she was caught in a bed check and dishonorably discharged.

One of my first bosses was orphaned in her teens. She took a job
as a live-in nanny. She didn't care for the work and one day, taking
her charges to the pediatrician, she read an ad in a magazine: join
the army and be a nurse. She signed right up and ended up serving
in the Pacific theatre (WW2).
-M