[Magdalen] US Higher Education

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Wed Jan 14 00:28:24 UTC 2015

In a message dated 1/13/2015 6:25:45 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jay.weigel at gmail.com writes:

At one  time I worked with two former Army nurses >>>

My chief in the Frankfurt/M Army Hospital was married to
an RN who had been the highest ranking nurse in the Pacific
Theater of W-2.  She outranked her husband (my chief of
service), though he eventually achieved the bird colonel status.

She was an attractive woman, but became a hopeless alcoholic,
sadly, and a terrible embarrassment at times.  She was hosting
a group of European Military dermatologists (with her husband)
and slipped on a stairway while carrying a tray of "sext" (German
Champagne) flutes.  She was obviously drunk, and broke both
arms as well as cascaded the champagne over the assembled
dignitaries.  What a memory!  And what a sad ending for a
woman who pioneered the place of women in the Military.

David Strang.