[Magdalen] Heather Cook out on bail

John Robison friarjohn00 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 07:06:00 UTC 2015

I am thinking.
I've restrained myself, but I'll just say it:

The States Attorny is grandstanding. She gets to stick it to a well to do
defendant, who's victim was a memeber of a loud, well heeled group. She is
making an example of Heather Cook to cement her place in the eyes of a
deeply divided City's electorate. After all, a former Mayor opined that
white crime victims were "asking for it," and there was a deep suspicion in
the Black and Asian communities that they couldn't get a fair shake. This
is a gift from the Gods for the SA: a well heeled white woman who killed a
member of a vocal constituency. She also gets a trifecta with DUI. She even
gets to send a quiet message to the Black Churches that she "stuck it" to a
"gay Church." Heather Cook is the sacrificial Lamb for the SAs political
future. If I sound cynical, it's because I know far to much about Maryland
politics to see anything else behind the outrageous Bail amount. It was
designed to humiliate, and placate the Cycelist community. They are baying
for blood, with no small justification, and the SA is more than happy to
give it.
This stopped being about the victim along time ago and is now about Ms
Mosby and her political future. It wouldn't be Charm City any other way.