[Magdalen] Please pray for Ascension, Chicago

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 00:03:37 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 5:44 PM, Charles Wohlers
<charles.wohlers at verizon.net> wrote:
> As Lynn says, it is SOP and generally a good idea for the underlings to go
> when a new rector arrives.

And really not a good idea for parishioners to employees as well. I've
never thought this a good idea (our organist has been a warden and
vestryman several times). Also, another parishioner is still bitter
about the vestry having "fired" his landscaping company some years
ago. Bad idea for a parishioner to be a major supplier to the parish.
There can easily be a sense that the parishioner is entitled to the
business, especially if work is done at cost or for the cost of the
materials only. Great deal, but the vestry still needs to be able to
make a different decision as to the supplier.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA