[Magdalen] Posts from GloriaAmilftano?

Sally Davies sally.davies at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 11:01:27 UTC 2015

I've been wondering about this. If you "unfriend" someone on FB, or even if
they were never your friend to start with, you can still receive messages
from them if they are friends with someone else whose posts you receive.

So it's impossible to totally avoid someone on FB, but not necessary to
encourage.

I think you can do something with FB so that you don't see people's posts
but don't have to actually unfriend them.

Perhaps an etiquette will evolve around that (or already has?) but the idea
of unfriending someone makes me anxious, on FB just as it would in real
life.

I have very little time for FB and tend to find messages piling up.

And what about FB friends who pass away? I kept seeing Diana Galletly on
Candy Crush (she was a whiz at it though not as much of a whiz as our
Sandra!!) And that made me sad so last week I unfriended he and even felt
bad about that. She's safely beyond all pain now, and may her memory be for
a blessing.

FB is clearly not suited for the socially neurotic. I much prefer the Pub
:-)

Sally D