[Magdalen] Please pray for Ascension, Chicago

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 20:28:27 UTC 2015

I missed that this is about a rector who has just been hired.

I have been at one parish since about 1975. In that time we have had a
number of rectors, and not one of them ever dismissed anyone when they
arrived.
The only time a musician left was when the musician needed to move on for
some reason.
We have had a few parish administrators, and some have been really good and
some not so. We have always been happy to get someone to agree to work for
us.

So the concept of some twit arriving and firing, effective immediately, his
parish administrator just struck me as the height of incredible stupidity.
If we all worked according to what someone describes as SOP, it would not
be long before we would not be able to get anyone to work for us at all,
and rightly so.  Only a fool would take a job, knowing that it could end
instantly based on some nimrod's whim.

If this was the only pattern someone observed, there would be nothing to
prevent them concluding that church is toxic.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford
on this Earth.”  -- *Roberto Clemente