[Magdalen] Please pray for Ascension, Chicago

Raewynne Whiteley raewynne1 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 11:16:36 UTC 2015

Amen.  I inherited a choir director and an administrator who were both
parishioners.  Both of them actively undermined me for years, and both were
barely adequate at their jobs; the administrator is paid well above average
for someone in her type of position and her (lack of) computer skills. But
it was made very clear to me that to let either of them go would result in
a split in the parish.  In other words, they were permanent and I was
temporary.

Thankfully the choir director has moved away, and the administrator has
become (finally) more supportive, though she still has huge gaps in her
skill set.

I fully support the idea of employees having to offer their resignations
when a new rector is called.  As well as the issue of how well they work
together, it gives them an incentive to actively support the rector.

Raewynne