[Magdalen] State of the parish

Susan Hagen susanvhagen at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 20:11:09 UTC 2015

I'm just back from the annual meeting at church.  For months we've
been getting weekly updates on the shortfall of income to last year's
budget.  I guess some came in at the end and we ended up just in the
black.  The 2015 pledge drive not only did not raise enough for the
optimistic budget planned, it's about 30K short of meeting a bare
bones budget.  Now the vestry has to figure out what to do.  No hints
about dropping our associate rector's position but for their sakes I'm
glad that her husband, our organist/choir director, is close to
finishing his doctorate at the university here.

Susan

--
Before enlightenment pay bills, do laundry.  After enlightenment pay
bills, do laundry.