[Magdalen] State of the parish

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Mon Jan 19 14:40:36 UTC 2015

From: ME Michaud

>When was that?

History starts before your great grandparents.

>My grandparents gave to the church, but also to the community
>via various fraternal societies, supported the local hospital (my
>grandmother paid many hospital bills for poor mothers),

And big numbers of congregants putting in nickels and dimes could make a
budget -- especially with relatively new (i.e. low maintenance) buildings and
clergy not paid very much.

But if your parish can budget with the cists of your grandparents day (even with
inflation factored in) that's marvelous.

But I doubt it.

Cheers,
Jim Guthrie