[Magdalen] Annual Meetings, votes, was test

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Tue Jan 20 23:09:54 UTC 2015

The point is that the ballot is signed on the back.  The tellers count
the actual ballots on the front but the signature on the back is there
if there is a complaint that X should not have voted. Their ballot can
then be eliminated and the vote recounted.

We have a similar situation in our own civil elections in the UK where
the ballot paper has a number that is noted against our entry in the
electoral register when we vote.  If, after I have voted, there is a
question as to my eligibility to do so then potentially there is the
opportunity to identify my ballot paper.  The chances of that happening
are infinitessimally small but they do contribute to the integrity of
the process.

Roger