[Magdalen] Hereford Musings.

Marion Thompson marionwhitevale at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 16:18:25 UTC 2015

The other year I visited a friend who lives near Hereford.  While she
dealt with an eye appointment, I revisited the Cathedral. Because the
Cathedral School students were packed into the Cathedral proper for a
function, I had to enter by the south east door, up behind the altar
somewhere.  As I stood in the gloom getting my bearings outside a
chapel, suddenly the organ pipes, all around and above me, sprang into
life and I was right in the thunderous heart of "Jerusalem"  with the
distant voices of the students singing 'And did those feet ...'  I burst
into tears.  A remarkable moment that makes my eyes well up at the very
thought of it.

Marion, a pilgrim   ... today my sail I lift ....