[Magdalen] Eliminating sugar?

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 21:19:10 UTC 2015

I know that over the years some of you have mentioned eliminating sugar
from your diet, and I'm wondering if there were some resources that you
found particularly helpful.  One of my doctors recommended this a couple of
weeks ago, mainly because I've been gaining weight due to some
medications, and gave me a paper to read as well as a book recommendation.
But I know, just from looking at food labels, that it's hard to find
anything without added sugar--even bread!  I'm all for using fresh fruits
and vegetables and grains, but there are limits, after all.

And even before my conversation with my doctor, I'd hear something on NPR
about the amount of added sugar Americans eat, and it's something like 23
teaspoons a day!  Yikes!! And I don't even add table sugar to anything I
eat or drink.

Thanks in advance...

Grace

--
Grace Cangialosi
Ruckersville, VA

It's a good thing Mary didn't have to wait for a Doctrine of the
Incarnation
before she said "Yes" to God.