[Magdalen] Crock Pot Beef Stew

Christopher Hart cervus51 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 21:40:25 UTC 2015

I don't share recipes here very often because I mostly improvise when I
cook, but a couple of months ago I made a beef stew that turned out really
well. My wife kept asking me to write down the recipe and I kept telling
her that I would have to make it again to reconstruct just what I did. So
yesterday I made it again, as best I could remember it, and this time I
wrote it down as I made it. I originally adapted it from a Betty Crocker
cookbook, but with some significant variations. I used parsnips instead of
potatoes, added some red wine, and left out the salt and sugar altogether.
They could be added if you like, but I don't think it needs them. Best of
all there's maybe a half hour or less prep time in the morning, then it
cooks in a crock pot all day and is ready for dinner.

Crock Pot Beef Stew

1 lb. (or more) Stew Beef - cut into 1/2-1 inch pieces

1 Small/Medium Onion - chopped

1 lb. (or less) Baby Carrots

1/2 lb. Sliced Mushrooms

2 Parsnips - peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces

14.5 oz. Can of Diced Tomatoes - undrained

1 cup Beef Broth

1/2 cup Dry Red Wine

1 tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce

1 tsp. Dried Marjoram Leaves

1/2 tsp. Black Pepper

1/2 cup All Purpose Flour

Mix all ingredients except beef in crock pot. Add beef. Do not stir.
Cook on low heat for 9 hours. Enjoy!
--

Christopher Hart