[Magdalen] Winter Boredom

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 20:20:16 UTC 2015

Except for the fish my brothers caught, mostly bluegills and crappies, we
didn't get fish very often....fish sticks and those amorphous squares of
breaded fish that I always referred to as "fish planks" were about it. My
mom did have a thing she did with ocean perch and tomato sauce that was
pretty good, but mostly she couldn't cook fish. She *murdered* scallops,
and as a result I hated them until I was well grown up and had them cooked
properly at the shore. Then I discovered how yummy they really are. I
really discovered fish and seafood in high school when a local restaurant
had something they called a Seven Seas Buffet on Fridays. My friends and I
would save our allowances and go out maybe once every couple of months if
we weren't dating anyone and enjoy that. Yummy! Now if I get anywhere near
the ocean, it's seafood all the time.