[Magdalen] Winter Boredom

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 20:00:54 UTC 2015

I grew up in Michigan and ate fresh water fish all my life... caught by us
or bought in the store.  My dad loved 'pan fish' (Blue Gills, Bass, Perch)
and taught me how to clean (gut) and remove the head and scales, dust with
flour then cook them whole in the pan (then on the plate we gently ran a
knife up backbone, peeling back one side  like opening a book, and then
removed the bones in one gentle tug).  I loved Superior Whitefish when in
college in the UP and also fresh water herring - so delicious gently baked
with butter in a 400 oven *briefly*.  And Walleye Pike.... oh, I do miss
freshwater fish.
Lynn

ps. a friend told me recently of a restaurant in St. Ignace that served
fried whitefish livers and that they were delicious - anyone ever have
those??

Lynn

My email has changed to: houstonKLR at gmail.com

website: www.ichthysdesigns.com