[Magdalen] Are we down?

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 19:57:44 UTC 2015

On Sat, Jan 31, 2015 at 1:29 PM, Jay Weigel <jay.weigel at gmail.com> wrote:
> We watch, and this year it will be to cheer vociferously against the
> Pats.....neither of us can stand Belicheck OR Brady. It's also an excuse to
> eat snacks all night instead of an organized supper, although this year
> they will be of a healthier variety...veggie pot stickers, Greek yogurt dip
> and hummus with carrot and cucumber chips, little sweet peppers stuffed
> with cheeses of various varieties, and for me, Greek olives.

I'll be at church for Solemn Evensong and Benediction, with blessing
of candles on the eve of Candlemas. Then keeping tabs on my dear
partner's progress through the snowstorm on his way to a retreat at
Saint Meinrad Archabbey. He's been invited to stay in the monastery
guest quarters, within the monastic enclosure (as opposed to the guest
house, which is a separate building). He's very excited about this
experience. I suggested he start driving today so he can be ahead of
the snow. He said he can't get ready. Can't say I didn't bring it up.
Lord, have mercy. I just don't want him stranded on an interstate in
the flatlands of central Indiana...just him and the wind turbines.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA