[Magdalen] Whoops. We've got the Southern slavers' battle flag in the Nat...

Ann Markle ann.markle at aya.yale.edu
Wed Jul 1 00:07:57 UTC 2015

As someone from a sacramental tradition, I'm really glad I took liturgy
from a Roman Catholic, not a Pentecostal (do they even have sacraments?).
On the other hand, I guess generic liturgy classes could also be sorted out
by denomination.  And I took a preaching class with a Pentecostal in the
class, and her way of preaching was so foreign, that I couldn't even offer
feedback.  Was she bad?  Or was she just faithful to her tradition?  It
sounded really, really bad to me, but I was in no position to have an
opinion.  On the other hand, a lot of my Yale Div School classes were
nondenominational, and I loved it.

Ann

The Rev. Ann Markle
Buffalo, NY