[Magdalen] A Note Re CofE and TEC History

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Wed Jul 1 01:12:31 UTC 2015

From: James Oppenheimer-Crawford

>In this area I recall seeing all of these tiny TECs that were barely
>functioning, and I suspect today a lot of them were knocked down or fell
>down.  Probably associated with some family settlement, long since no

Morgan again. When disgruntled vestry members and mover/shaker lay people came
to him to complain about the Rector or something their local parish was doing of
which they disapproved, he'd build them another church -- sometimes down the
street from the other one. This was true all over the Diocese of NY and maybe
Albany.

Some of these were always marginal, or made both churches marginal (even in the
Post WWII heyday of religious participation) -- leading to closings and
demolition.

Morgan couldn’t see why anyone would join any church other than TEC <g>.

Cheers,
Jim