[Magdalen] Whoops. We've got the Southern slavers' battle flag in the Nat...

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 01:41:37 UTC 2015

Yeah. We had some interesting cases too.

But when we all got talking about the creeds, things got very interesting.
The Baptists had some faith statements of their own, which was cool, but
the interesting part was the way they chose to view the idea of apostolic
succession. They affirmed apostolic succession for their church, but in a
completely different way. And it worked.
I could not explain to you, at this late date, how it worked, but I can
tell you that it did.
I'm often fascinated how a very different tradition will work its way
around to the same goal, but in a very distinctive way, and getting to the
same place ultimately.
Jews have the same thing as our eucharist.  They get to the same place, but
in a different way.

Sort of proves that we're all on the same page, just different lines.
Whatever our orientation, we're all getting to the same place.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford