[Magdalen] Whoops. We've got the Southern slavers' battle flag in the Nat...

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Wed Jul 1 09:28:42 UTC 2015

On 01/07/2015 02:41, James Oppenheimer-Crawford wrote:
> Yeah. We had some interesting cases too.
>
> But when we all got talking about the creeds, things got very interesting.
> The Baptists had some faith statements of their own, which was cool, but
> the interesting part was the way they chose to view the idea of apostolic
> succession. They affirmed apostolic succession for their church, but in a
> completely different way. And it worked.

This was a quesyion when the C/E was working towards the Porvoo
Agreement with the Scandinavuan Lutherans and when there were plans
forreunion with the Methodists.  In both cases it was recognized that
the historic /episkope/ had been maintained bit through corporate
oversight rather than by tactile succession.  I can see attractions in
that approach.

Roger