[Magdalen] Conscience's clause

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 01:54:44 UTC 2015

Roger wrote: I recall a diocesan synod when I happened to be sitting next to
the
Prolocutor of the Canterbury Convocation.  The post title suggests the
role - he was the one to speak on behalf of the clergy in the Province
of Canterbury - the majority of the Church ofg England.  As such he was
part of the inner councils of the Church.  He commented that we do noit
have a Church so much as 43 feudal monarchies - a slight exaggeration
but you get the drift.

About two years into my 'acceptance' into TEC the GC in Detroit commenced.
This would be the one where GC affirmed fidelity in marriage. I went to my
rector and asked, why do we have to do that? and as he began to explain his
'take' on why/what etc... I remarked: "sounds like each diocesan bishop is
like a pope"... and in many ways over the last 30 bumpy years, that has been
so.

Lynn

website: www.ichthysdesigns.com

attributed to Erma Bombeck