[Magdalen] Whoops. We've got the Southern slavers' battle flag in the Nat...

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Wed Jul 1 16:22:57 UTC 2015

In a message dated 7/1/2015 11:56:01 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
michaudme at gmail.com writes:

Ever  visited beautiful Annapolis?>>>>>>

Yup, and the Chapel, too.

I had simply forgotten about this crypt which bears an uncanny  resemblance
to the crypt under the great Benedictine Abbey of Fleury, in the  Loire
Valley of France.

There, under the high altar of this Romanesque building lie the  remains
of Saint Benedict and his sister, Saint Scholastica.

I blundered upon Fleury when looking for yet another Loire Valley
Chateau, entered the Abbey through the famous "Galilee"/Tower porch,
and into the church where the pipe organ was being played at
full tilt.  There was a sign over on the left with the simple  words,
"Aux Tombes" and an arrow pointing east.  Then a final  sign,
"Crypte" and a stairway down.

I was unprepared for the famous duo, but glad I'd blundered into
the Abbey.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fleury_Abbey

David Strang.