[Magdalen] 239th year since the birth of the United States of America as a nation

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Fri Jul 3 15:54:18 UTC 2015

From: Lynn Ronkainen

>Regarding Unitarians...In commenting recently to someone regarding the role and
>separation of church/state in the minds of the authors/writers of our >nations
>founding documents I said that T Jefferson could never have imagined the
>quantity or diversity of "houses of worship" that exist today.

Which reminds us of the old story about a boat encounters an uncharted island
island and the crew decides to explore. They find it is populated by one man who
said he had been shipwrecked years before.

The man took the crew around to see how he had lived all those years by himself.
They noticed two church-like structures up in the trees. "The one on the right
is where I go to church. The one on the left is where I used to go to church."

Cheers,
Jim