[Magdalen] I've really grown to hate the Fourth of July

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 15:56:28 UTC 2015

What an invasion!

All the roads are closed or will be closed by this evening.
Can't drive. Can barely walk. Hordes of people carrying
coolers and folding chairs and blankets will be heading
down Cambridge St. tomorrow.

At the bicentennial people tore down our windowboxes
and used our front door as a urinal. It hasn't been that
bad since, but it's bad. And because booze isn't permitted
out on the Esplanade, people who drink to excess will
be wandering through the neighborhood. One year a
group of young men tried to climb onto our roof to get a
better view. And the police are too busy to respond to
calls like that.

We're limited to six guests at the pool, but the place will
still be overrun.

Well, it's only two days.
Welcome to Boston, y'all.
-M