[Magdalen] Sect?

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Fri Jul 3 20:54:29 UTC 2015

In a message dated 7/3/2015 4:39:42 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
michaudme at gmail.com writes:

I  certainly heard it often enough from my Greek cousins,
aunts &  uncles.
-M>>>>>

You're meaning here the rank and file laity.  OTH, I meant
those with a more sophisticated theological outlook.  I've known a  fair
number of Orthodox clergy, and though they have some
theological disagreements with RC's, I never heard the "sect" word.

The reverse, i.e., RC's calling the Orthodox a "sect" just doesn't  happen.

After all, a fair number of Eastern Rite persons are under the Papal
umbrella, and there are periodic Eastern Rite Eucharists at the
Papal Altar at Saint Peter's.

David Strang.