[Magdalen] I've really grown to hate the Fourth of July.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Tue Jul 7 14:57:12 UTC 2015

In a message dated 7/7/2015 10:10:30 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jguthrie at pipeline.com writes:

games  (the boy next door's mother was
keeper of the tickets for the corporate  box for Edgar Bronfman -- the
liquor
magnate --  >>>>>

This family built my favorite New York City skyscaper, the Seagram
Building.
This is really a little Chicago in New York, having been designed by
Mies Van der Rohe who was originally German, of course, but whose  firm
and most activity was in the Chicago area.

This "International Style" dates me, but I have never quite gotten  over
the Barcelona Exposition (I just gave my two Barcelona Chairs
remaining from my German residency days to my daughter).

I also realize that the Seagram was one of the most expensive  buildings
per square foot, and one of the least energy efficient.  It is,  however,
supremely elegant.  And the Four Seasons Restaurant ain't bad  either.

David Strang.