[Magdalen] Fall Down Go Boom.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Wed Jul 8 20:54:31 UTC 2015

In a message dated 7/8/2015 3:35:28 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
llaug at twcny.rr.com writes:

This is  not my grandmother’s broken hip of some 65 years ago. She was
never able to  live her real life again. They put a titanium rod in my femur and
had me on my  feet the next day. >>>>

Broken hips in the elderly, especially women, used to be the  death-knell
for them in most cases.  I rotated through the Orthopedic Service  during
the first snowfall of the season in Minneapolis (internship) in a  busy
downtown hospital, and the number of these cases was appalling.

I have both hips replaced with titanium prostheses, and I can tell  you
that the pain will take its time in disappearing, but you will become
pain free in due time.

David Strang.