[Magdalen] Respite Update

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Thu Jul 9 13:48:04 UTC 2015

Sounds good!  Enjoy your rest.

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: James Handsfield
Sent: Wednesday, July 08, 2015 9:35 PM
To: Magdalen
Subject: [Magdalen] Respite Update

I arrived in Charlottesville last evening at 7:30, the trip made easier by
listening to Sirius XM Willie’s Roadhouse the whole way - not one repeated song!

Marcy is ensconced at Hospice Atlanta Center run by Visiting Nurse Association
for the duration.  This morning she called me very upset about something
regarding her meds.  At her request I called and spoke to her social worker who
said she’d figure it out and make whatever corrections are needed (IMO, probably
none).

Matthew drove down from northern Virginia today where he’s working mostly in
Louden County on a state senate campaign.  We visited Monticello together which
we really enjoyed.  After we met with my cousin, Didi, for dinner (at Versace -
excellent Italian cuisine).  Matthew’s on his way back north now.  While we were
at dinner, Marcy called - unintentionally - but she sounded in good spirits and
was happy to be able to chat a bit with Matthew.

I’m finally starting to relax and enjoy myself apart from Marcy’s care.  Thank
you all for your prayers.

“The worst form of corruption is acceptance of corruption.”  Herblock

Jim Handsfield
jhandsfield at att.net