[Magdalen] Grammar Nightmare.

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 11:03:45 UTC 2015

The Wikipedia article mentions that Nantucket became a haven
for people driven off their land by the European colonists, that
the Wampanoag welcomed the sojourner.

Then a long begats list of the English settlers dividing up the
real estate.

Kinda sad. A teeny bit like what I felt when Martha's Vineyard
was invaded by hedge fund managers from New York & New Jersey.
At least I didn't get TB or smallpox. Or starve to death.
-M

On Saturday, July 11, 2015, Sally Davies <sally.davies at gmail.com> wrote:

> I love Native American place names, they just sound so characterful.
>
> Is Poughkeepsie an 'Indian' name? That's one I've always liked, and

Nantucket