[Magdalen] Grammar Nightmare.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sun Jul 12 13:55:34 UTC 2015

In a message dated 7/12/2015 1:27:02 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
oppenheimerjw at gmail.com writes:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poughkeepsie,_New_York>>>>>>

The city was also the location of the execution of my great great great
great
grandfather, under orders from Gen. George Washington, as a Tory spy.
I've seen the transcript of the trial.

His orphaned 2 year old son was taken in by an aunt, and the entire
family relocated to PEI Canada.  When the "coast was clear" my  great
grandfather and his immediate family returned, and homesteaded in
Eastern Minnesota in time for my grandfather to have fought on the
Union side in the Civil War in such battles as Vicksburg.

>From Tory spy to Union soldier in just a few generations.

David Strang.