[Magdalen] Grammar Nightmare.

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 14:37:49 UTC 2015

I met a DAR member whose Ancester was a Hessian.  Captured in battle, he
swore not to take up arms against the Colonies and was given his freedom.
He prospered, and from his farm the Continental Army got much needed
supplies. As such, he was recognized as a patriot, and from his line my
friend was descended.  So as you can see, the line from foe to friend can
be very brief indeed -- a year or so.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford