[Magdalen] Anglicans Online Essays | Pierre Whalon | Marriage, The Episcopal Church, and the Anglican Communion

Ann Markle ann.markle at aya.yale.edu
Mon Jul 13 22:16:22 UTC 2015

Jim, I think there is also a difference between discernment and the
development of a cohesive theology.  I always heard that priesst do what
they want (mostly liturgically), and think up the rationale later.  This is
true with TEC, too, I think.  Discernment moves much more quickly than
theological rationale.  I am happy for the theology, don't get me wrong.
It is important.  But it doesn't necessarily come first.

Ann

The Rev. Ann Markle
Buffalo, NY
ann.markle at aya.yale.edu