[Magdalen] What Each Myers-Briggs Type Does In A Rut (The Rise Of The Inferior Function) | Thought Catalog

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 18:31:06 UTC 2015

From: "ME Michaud" <michaudme at gmail.com>
> Once I worked with a woman who thought that if we were all
> more alike we'd get along better.

hmmm, wonder what her MB type was : )

Interesting that she could/would verbalize her thoughts about you being too
persuasive - was this in a private conversation?

In its time the MB was a very useful tool in business for both enlightening
people about that dynamic of the strengths each different person brings, and
how to integrate those strengths.  I have heard that MB is considered an
outmoded tool for/from a different time, but I still find it to be a
fascinating way to really nail down information that informs, affirms and
equips the person to value their strengths, check their shortcomings and
understand interpersonal dynamics. and in a group setting allow members to
'celebrate' their strengths and understand their perceptions.

People's perception of being 'all alike' is very subjective, IMO.  I've been
part of several groups where a tightly knit 'sub group' became 'connected'
over commonly held passionate beliefs. In retrospect, in each case there was
a rather controlling member whose perception of the group was that we were
'all alike' which was why we were so close.
Lynn

website: www.ichthysdesigns.com

attributed to Erma Bombeck
by Richard Rohr