[Magdalen] What Each Myers-Briggs Type Does In A Rut (The Rise Of The Inferior Function) | Thought Catalog

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Tue Jul 14 21:04:20 UTC 2015

>She also asked me not to speak up in meetings. Because the
>rest of the staff found me too persuasive. I still wonder why
>else I would speak up at all. Wish I could ask her.

My last job was one where I simply did not get invited to meetings. My successor
said that they simply not want someone smart (not to mention smart alecky)
suggesting things that They don't;t want to hear.

My "favorite" incident was when they spent a huge amount of money on a Playboy
license, which I suggested they were about 30 years too late for as the world
had moved on.

We sold about a thousand garments, and sometime later there were 12,000
in-sellable garments sitting in the warehouse.

Of course, I've also been criticized for not being gracious with "Told you sos".

OTOH, they knew I was the best at doing  what I did, and knew I wasn't keen on
interruptions.

Cheers,
Jim