[Magdalen] (Katie Sherrod) A racist Atticus Finch is us, white people. All of us.

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 23:37:51 UTC 2015

My take so far.....and I'm reserving andy judgment until I read the "new
book" in its entirety....is that the "new book" is actually some kind of
character study or something of that nature that the author did in order to
write the first book, since she apparently wrote it *before* she wrote
TKAMB. She may not have meant for it to be published at all, particularly
after the (to her) surprising success of TKAMB. But in any case, I think
there's a lot of trash talk about it by people who haven't read the whole
thing yet.