[Magdalen] (Katie Sherrod) A racist Atticus Finch is us, white people. All of us.

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 00:06:59 UTC 2015

a rather in-depth article I read *somewhere* said that the first version was
rejected from a publishing house and the final version (i.e. first book
published) was tweaked over and over again by the publisher and Lee.
Apparently Lee had moved away 'up north' as a young adult, possibly to NYC,
and wrote the book after visiting her hometown again within a few years of
moving away.  One wonders if the book we all know was what might be a better
seller.

I do think that this book's publication is not something that the sister
would have approved of - also from everything I've read over time about Lee
being a recluse and now perhaps somewhat senile.  It is what it is.
Lynn

website: www.ichthysdesigns.com

attributed to Erma Bombeck
by Richard Rohr