[Magdalen] What Each Myers-Briggs Type Does In A Rut (The Rise Of The Inf...

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Fri Jul 17 14:59:29 UTC 2015

In a message dated 7/17/2015 10:47:53 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jhandsfield at att.net writes:

When I  was in grad school at UCLA, one year a group of friends decided to
have a  Kentucky Derby party, complete with mint juleps.  The mint must have
been  bad, because we know Jack Daniel’s wouldn’t make us feel that awful
the next  day.>>>>>>

The evening before my class of 46 recent medical school graduates
were to begin their year of internship (there are no "internships any
more; it's directly into residency now) at the then Minneapolis
General Hospital (now Hennepin County Hospital), we were invited to
a soiree at the mansion of the Chairman of the Board for the  hospital.
This was the Dayton Mansion (Dayton's Department Store/Marshall
Field's/Macy's) overlooking Lake Minnetonka to the west of Minneapolis.

There was an overabundance of food, and also an overabundance of
alcoholic drinks, and as a result there were 46 hung over  intern-physicians
to mark the start of their intern year that 1st July 1962.  What a way  to
start the year......NOT!

David Strang.